
«I have been seeing another man; a British man. We fell in love and I’m marrying him» a pale Tarik wonders whether Allah is punishing him for what he did to Catherine or not; he tries to find words to reply his fiancée but all he says is «what will we tell our parents?» [Fatamo slashes the air with a sharp laughter] «My parents already know, love. My father is actually quite pleased cause James' dad owns a brokerage house – the family business will benefit a lot from it…» Tarik nods in silence, rises from his chair «I will speak to my parents then. I wish you and your family business good luck!» and leaves the flat…
«If only we weren’t in London…back home I would have the right to give her a open hand slap on that gorgeous mouth, [sighing] these women…times are changing…how I miss Catherine…hum…that kid of hers reminds me of something…no, it can’t be [nodding]! What will I tell my father?» on his way to his car he notices a beautiful, tall Indian girl staring at his botanical green Jaguar XKR «Fancy cars, do you?» he asks her, «I’ve always loved jags…they are simply a beauty, aren’t they?» a smirking Tarik opens his car door and says, «I hope we meet again!» she replies, «If God wills!» and they part…
Six months later (after that dreadful episode at his parents’ house, when his father informed him that he had agreed with his ex-future-father-in-law-to-be that Fatamo’s marrying James would be far more beneficial to their business than her marrying him, and that he was absolutely sure that his son would find a nice girl to marry), Tarik is coming out of his office building to smoke his ciggy, when he bumps into someone (who spills coffee all over his suit) «Bugger, I can’t believe this…!», «I am so so sorry, I saw this jag passing by and...[Tarik recognises the peculiar tone of “jag” and looks up] I completely failed to see… [As he raises his head, she recognises him]…you!” «You again!?» he cries, «Me, I guess! [She replies with a smile] God willed after all…” «Hi, my name is Tarik» «Hello, I am Miriam!»…They stand there looking rather goofy (him with his suit smeared by coffee, her with the paper-cup facing downwards). The moment was intense, however something told Tarik that it was all too coincidental…
«Paul, next month we have a meeting with our brothers in Lisboa. It seems that our sister managed to arrange a dinner-party at her house and she will be there (along with her fiancé). We must set up the right strategy…which one will you take: your wife or your cookie? [Paul is perplexed] Yeah, we know about your “Mary Magdalene”, it’s ok, as long as you’re discreet…I want no troubles with the Pope!»…
«No, mom…he hasn’t opened an account for me, yet; and I am not sure if he should…[“What, Julie? Are you crazy? Any honourable man opens an account for his wife…”] …but I am not his wife, am I? [“That is only a detail! Now you are a decent Christian woman who practically lives with a man…”] A married man, mom! [“Julie, don’t complicate things and listen to me: I was happy when you were a hooker cause at least you were independent; then you disappointed me by becoming a Christian – I swear you have your father’s genes; then you made me smile again by treating me with this romantic relationship with Paul – a rich man!”]…An Opus Dei man; he’s Catholic, mother…[“Well, nobody is perfect, right? But the life he can provide you with is!”]…I’ll speak with him when we return from Church…I think he wants me to become a Catholic, mom [“Do it! You have the obligation to please your man! I gotta go…your brother is coming to introduce me his new boyfriend…I must bake a cake!”] All right…talk to you by the end of the week then [“Ok, love you!”]…Love you too, mom!”» Julie sighs while closing her eyes, behind her Paul asks, «Was that Elizabeth on the phone? [Julies startles and replies, “It was”] What a shame…! If only I had arrived a minute earlier…we could’ve spoken! How’s my cookie?» with a faint smile she answers «I’m fine…I was thinking [“Oooh, I just love when you think...” Paul says while pinching her cheeks] that you were right: I should convert to Catholicism…» Paul screams «YES!YES!! I knew you would accept it…[Julie smiles] I have a present for you…[Paul hands her an envelope…Julie opens it and her eyes glitter] is it enough? Now you can go to any bank you like and open an account…!» Julie jumps into his arms and starts taking his tie off, then unbuttoning his shirt [Paul closes his eyes with pleasure while reciting “It is good for a man not to touch a woman…”], she kisses his neck, then takes off his pants [“The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.”]; they both fall on the floor and have sex right there…the climax is near…they are both ready [“and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your…”]…then Paul screams “LACK OF SELF-CONTROOOOOLLLL”…
Come with me next door and check what web Livingsword has entangled for us: Ring here
«If only we weren’t in London…back home I would have the right to give her a open hand slap on that gorgeous mouth, [sighing] these women…times are changing…how I miss Catherine…hum…that kid of hers reminds me of something…no, it can’t be [nodding]! What will I tell my father?» on his way to his car he notices a beautiful, tall Indian girl staring at his botanical green Jaguar XKR «Fancy cars, do you?» he asks her, «I’ve always loved jags…they are simply a beauty, aren’t they?» a smirking Tarik opens his car door and says, «I hope we meet again!» she replies, «If God wills!» and they part…
Six months later (after that dreadful episode at his parents’ house, when his father informed him that he had agreed with his ex-future-father-in-law-to-be that Fatamo’s marrying James would be far more beneficial to their business than her marrying him, and that he was absolutely sure that his son would find a nice girl to marry), Tarik is coming out of his office building to smoke his ciggy, when he bumps into someone (who spills coffee all over his suit) «Bugger, I can’t believe this…!», «I am so so sorry, I saw this jag passing by and...[Tarik recognises the peculiar tone of “jag” and looks up] I completely failed to see… [As he raises his head, she recognises him]…you!” «You again!?» he cries, «Me, I guess! [She replies with a smile] God willed after all…” «Hi, my name is Tarik» «Hello, I am Miriam!»…They stand there looking rather goofy (him with his suit smeared by coffee, her with the paper-cup facing downwards). The moment was intense, however something told Tarik that it was all too coincidental…
«Paul, next month we have a meeting with our brothers in Lisboa. It seems that our sister managed to arrange a dinner-party at her house and she will be there (along with her fiancé). We must set up the right strategy…which one will you take: your wife or your cookie? [Paul is perplexed] Yeah, we know about your “Mary Magdalene”, it’s ok, as long as you’re discreet…I want no troubles with the Pope!»…
«No, mom…he hasn’t opened an account for me, yet; and I am not sure if he should…[“What, Julie? Are you crazy? Any honourable man opens an account for his wife…”] …but I am not his wife, am I? [“That is only a detail! Now you are a decent Christian woman who practically lives with a man…”] A married man, mom! [“Julie, don’t complicate things and listen to me: I was happy when you were a hooker cause at least you were independent; then you disappointed me by becoming a Christian – I swear you have your father’s genes; then you made me smile again by treating me with this romantic relationship with Paul – a rich man!”]…An Opus Dei man; he’s Catholic, mother…[“Well, nobody is perfect, right? But the life he can provide you with is!”]…I’ll speak with him when we return from Church…I think he wants me to become a Catholic, mom [“Do it! You have the obligation to please your man! I gotta go…your brother is coming to introduce me his new boyfriend…I must bake a cake!”] All right…talk to you by the end of the week then [“Ok, love you!”]…Love you too, mom!”» Julie sighs while closing her eyes, behind her Paul asks, «Was that Elizabeth on the phone? [Julies startles and replies, “It was”] What a shame…! If only I had arrived a minute earlier…we could’ve spoken! How’s my cookie?» with a faint smile she answers «I’m fine…I was thinking [“Oooh, I just love when you think...” Paul says while pinching her cheeks] that you were right: I should convert to Catholicism…» Paul screams «YES!YES!! I knew you would accept it…[Julie smiles] I have a present for you…[Paul hands her an envelope…Julie opens it and her eyes glitter] is it enough? Now you can go to any bank you like and open an account…!» Julie jumps into his arms and starts taking his tie off, then unbuttoning his shirt [Paul closes his eyes with pleasure while reciting “It is good for a man not to touch a woman…”], she kisses his neck, then takes off his pants [“The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.”]; they both fall on the floor and have sex right there…the climax is near…they are both ready [“and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your…”]…then Paul screams “LACK OF SELF-CONTROOOOOLLLL”…
Come with me next door and check what web Livingsword has entangled for us: Ring here
MAX! HEYYY! :)
ReplyDeleteAwards for you, Girl!!! ;)
More Special Awards
Hey Crystal,
ReplyDeleteThank you, girl! :D
I have already been at your place: thanks, once again *bowing*!
Cheers
Hi! It has it all just like a soap opera. Business before pleasure, Business mixed with pleasure, clash between cultures, threats of violence, the well breed and the well off, intrigue and passion, materialism, back stabbing, strategy, changing faith to suit others, Opus Dei and the final climax to the story, great sex!
ReplyDeleteTake Care,
Peter
Max, as I told LS I don't think I have to buy another fiction, I will just hang around here. BTW I love what Peter said in the comment above me, lol. So going back to your story, way too better than any book, and the good think is that I just read little and good quality. Thanks Max, saying wow and leaving your blog, Anna :)
ReplyDeleteHi Peter!
ReplyDeleteWow...I am speechless: thank you so much for your awesome comment *bowing*! Let me read it one more time....
My friend, my Ego has been fed for a whole month lol :D!
Once again, thank you *bowing*!
Take care :)
Dear Anna,
ReplyDeleteLOL You told LS that? You are a great friend, darling :D!
Peter's comment was great: I was speechless *nodding*! I am so glad that you liked it :)...and your words are quite a compliment, Anna; as I told Peter, my ego has been fed for a month lol lol :). No, I am the one who should say "wow" at such great reviews :)!
Thank you so much *bowing*!
Cheers
Wow! All those twists and turns!Such an interesting read, Max. You're my favorite blogger so far. Can't wait for your next post.
ReplyDeleteOh Max,
ReplyDeleteYou little witty writer you. I forgot what I was going to write because I got lost in LS's brilliant review. Okay, let me regroup.
My head is tangled now.
"They stand there looking rather goofy (him with his suit smeared by coffee, her with the paper-cup facing downwards)."
LOL. I found this section hilarious because I often see people like this everyday. I don't know how they go throughout their lives in such a state, metaphorically speaking.
"I was happy when you were a hooker cause at least you were independent; then you disappointed me by becoming a Christian."
I thought prostitutes WERE Christian. You hear them say, "Oh God." all the time!
"...she kisses his neck, then takes off his pants."
I'm so confused Max, why is SHE wearing HIS pants? Are they cross dressers? (That was a joke.)
Anyway, I have to detangle.
Hello Maximus dear….
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know I fully endorse Alexys’ words saying: “LS's brilliant review”
This is the kind of endorsement you should place on the front cover for your upcoming novel….
:)
Thank you for your patience you may now continue with your blogging experience….
ARRRRRRGHHH!!! I can't believe it! I left a comment here yesterday but it was gone now!!!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, here's an award for you:
Biggest Heart Award
And check out my latest post. I did finally cut own hair last night. Tell me if you think it's a big mistake or not HA HA HA HA HA...
By the way, about this post...I was said that it's VERY interesting read and the convert to Catholicism reminded me of what some of my friends did. Their boyfriends were Catholics, so they had to convert to Catholicism since the guys wouldn't go to the girls' churches. One of them is still unsure about that (not married yet), but two of them are married and they've converted to Catholicism. :-))))
Hey Wifespeak!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind words *bowing*! I am glad that my twists and turns pleased you :).
I feel honoured, dear *bowing*! :)
Ah, my next post will be something quite different...lol...I will only post the next episode by the end of February!
Cheers
Alexys,
ReplyDelete"You little witty writer you. I forgot what I was going to write because I got lost in LS's brilliant review. Okay, let me regroup." - oh my, what a compliment: thank you *bowing*! LOL LOL LS tends to do that: hypnotise dames LOL *nodding*....
"My head is tangled now." - LOL LOL
"LOL. I found this section hilarious because I often see people like this everyday. I don't know how they go throughout their lives in such a state, metaphorically speaking." - LOL LOL I know exactly what you mean lol. But I wonder if their being goofy (Tarik and Miriam's) meant the same as it does for the people you see everyday? Cause Tarik is a SOB and Miriam seems to have a strange behaviour...
"I thought prostitutes WERE Christian. You hear them say, "Oh God." all the time!" - LOL LOL LOL oh my, this was a great one LOL LOL....ROFL!!! *nodding*...well, LS would say that God and Jesus are the same; but since I disagree I would say that their saying "Oh God" could mean that they simply have some kind of spirituality, right?
"I'm so confused Max, why is SHE wearing HIS pants? Are they cross dressers? (That was a joke.)" - LOL LOL LOL LOL it was a great joke: I loved it :D!
LOL You are a great guest and as always it was a pleasure to receive you, Alexys...here: take this box full of biscuits as a token of my friendship :)!
Cheers
Hello LSus dear lol!
ReplyDelete"I wanted to let you know I fully endorse Alexys’ words saying: “LS's brilliant review”" - LOL but of course you do; I do too :)...
"This is the kind of endorsement you should place on the front cover for your upcoming novel….:)" - LOL on my upcoming novel I will include all the endorsements I can gather LOL *nodding*...
"Thank you for your patience you may now continue with your blogging experience…." - you don't have to thank me, my friend; you know that to my friends my patience is endless :). Oh thank you...I shall :)!
Cheers
Hello Amelia,
ReplyDelete"ARRRRRRGHHH!!! I can't believe it! I left a comment here yesterday but it was gone now!!!" - you did? I didn't get it...hum...Blogger is sabotaging us LOL...we should kick their butt lol ;D!
"Biggest Heart Award" - oooohhh, so kind of you: thank you *bowing*! I will drop by your place in a jiffy, ok?
"And check out my latest post. I did finally cut own hair last night. Tell me if you think it's a big mistake or not HA HA HA HA HA..." - I will check it out...you know I do anything for my girl :).
"By the way, about this post...I was said that it's VERY interesting read and the convert to Catholicism reminded me of what some of my friends did. Their boyfriends were Catholics, so they had to convert to Catholicism since the guys wouldn't go to the girls' churches. One of them is still unsure about that (not married yet), but two of them are married and they've converted to Catholicism. :-))))" - how interesting. Recently a friend of mine also converted to Catholicism so that she could marry her boyfriend; her family was shocked! But anyway, she is quite happy and that's all that matters, right? :D
Thanks for having dropped by, girl! See you!
Cheers
Max,
ReplyDelete"LS tends to do that: hypnotise dames."
I didn't know LS was a hypnotist. Quite a smooth one too.
"LS would say that God and Jesus are the same; but since I disagree I would say that their saying "Oh God" could mean that they simply have some kind of spirituality, right?"
Yes, I agree with you. That's two against one. I'll let you break it to LS gently. He's delicate, you know.
I am glad to know that they were not cross dressers. That would have been so Transamerica-ish.
"You are a great guest and as always it was a pleasure to receive you, Alexys...here: take this box full of biscuits as a token of my friendship :)!"
Oh Max, these are so sweet. I love them. My favorite flavor too.
Thank you so much. I'll have them with my egg nog. Thank you.
Sweet cheers.
it's fantastic
ReplyDeleteAlexys,
ReplyDelete"I didn't know LS was a hypnotist. Quite a smooth one too." - LOL one wouldn't tell, right? True, true....lol
"Yes, I agree with you. That's two against one. I'll let you break it to LS gently. He's delicate, you know." - LOL I know, he is so sensitive about these issues...I will break it to him gently lol...
"I am glad to know that they were not cross dressers. That would have been so Transamerica-ish." - LOL LOL LOL oh, don't say? I am afraid I don't know any...
"Oh Max, these are so sweet. I love them. My favorite flavor too." - I am glad you liked them :D!
"Thank you so much. I'll have them with my egg nog. Thank you." - you are most welcome; I baked them for you specially :)...
Warm cheers
Kharhan,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much *bowing*! I feel honoured :D!
Cheers
Fantastic! Can't wait for the end of February ;)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I have a tag for you
http://mlizcochico.com/?p=279
Have a great weekend.
Hey Liza,
ReplyDeleteThank you, I am glad you liked it :D!
LOL It won't be long :)!
A tag for me? I will meet you in a minute! Thanks ;D
Thanks, and have yourself a blessed weekend :)!
Cheers
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear Max and Alexys;
ReplyDeleteYes I was listening…. LOL
As per your comments:
"LS tends to do that: hypnotise dames."
I didn't know LS was a hypnotist. Quite a smooth one too.
I respond:
LOL
I have more than my hands full with my own Dame thank you! LOL
It is just my disarming orange fur that causes one to think that perhaps I am a red ruffed lemur and not some mean hearted obnoxious Bible thumper… Big orange and fuzzy hugs to you both…. LOL
As per your comments:
"LS would say that God and Jesus are the same; but since I disagree I would say that their saying "Oh God" could mean that they simply have some kind of spirituality, right?"
Yes, I agree with you. That's two against one. I'll let you break it to LS gently. He's delicate, you know.
I respond:
You have perhaps heard the saying “one plus God makes a majority?” Well it is wrong, God alone is a majority.
There is only one God. God is triune in nature; Jesus is both God and man the two never intermingling. There is only one way to God, thru Jesus.
I do appreciate the gentleness, I am pleased that my more “delicate” side has shone thru; I do like to be saturated with vulnerable sincerity…. Did I mention being fuzzy and orange, you have to be nice to fuzzy and orange…. Chocolate is good for softening the blow…
You ladies crack me up….
Ah! What a web Max...
ReplyDeleteLS;
ReplyDelete"Yes I was listening…. LOL" - LOL LOL we knew LOL...
"LOL I have more than my hands full with my own Dame thank you! LOL" - LOL LOL LOL don't worry; there are men who unconscienciously do that...and you are one of them LOL....
"It is just my disarming orange fur that causes one to think that perhaps I am a red ruffed lemur and not some mean hearted obnoxious Bible thumper… Big orange and fuzzy hugs to you both…. LOL" - LOL LOL this explanation was rather cute...you see, if I weren't vaccinated against this type of lemur (and other animals) I would be like Alexys: I would forget what I was about to say LOL LOL *nodding*....
"You have perhaps heard the saying “one plus God makes a majority?” Well it is wrong, God alone is a majority." - well, I truly believe that God is on our side, so God+Max+Alexys against LS....LOL LOL...
"There is only one God. God is triune in nature; Jesus is both God and man the two never intermingling. There is only one way to God, thru Jesus." - I deeply disagree, you know that, my friend....
"I do appreciate the gentleness, I am pleased that my more “delicate” side has shone thru; I do like to be saturated with vulnerable sincerity…. Did I mention being fuzzy and orange, you have to be nice to fuzzy and orange…. Chocolate is good for softening the blow…" - LOL LOL ok, next time Alexys and I will bring you good British chocolates; how about that :)?
"You ladies crack me up…." - LOL yeah, we crack ourselves too LOL LOL...
LS, you are maximus :)!
Cheers
Hey Manimala,
ReplyDeleteThank you, my friend *bowing*!
Cheers
your writings are classic. Your design are classic too. How old are you?
ReplyDeleteHello Cebu Pictures :D!
ReplyDeleteWelcome!
"your writings are classic. Your design are classic too. How old are you?"
Thank you *bowing*! Old enough...
Thank you for having dropped by :D!
Cheers