Do you, as a Pro-Israel Activist, feel there's an anti-Israel Bias in the Media? Your perception is correct, but you need to know that you – and other activists like you – are the reason why the Mainstream Media create misleading, deceiving, headlines and content about the Holy Land.
Social Media Activists, fighting for the Jewish State online, generate a lot of pageviews for insidious online news sites. Those pageviews generate publicity. Publicity generates revenue. Revenue is what keeps these brands alive. So if Activists, in their effort to express their outrage and expose Media Bias, keep clicking those links and sharing those pages in the social media they end up feeding the beast. The result?
- The Media make more money
- The Media demonise Israel (because it's profitable)
- The Media embolden the enemy and serve its goals
During the coverage of the recent wave of terrorism in Israel (dubbed by the Palestinians as the Third Intifada) the BBC, the Daily Mail, CNN, G1 (Brazil) and others published articles with misleading titles such as:
- "Palestinian shot dead after Jerusalem attack kills two" (BBC)
- "Israel-Palestinian violence escalates; new security measures considered" (CNN)
- "Israelis stabbed and alleged assailants shot dead" (The Irish Times)
- "Father is arrested for shutting his young daughter in an air-tight bucket and saying he was 'taking her to the butchers' to teach her lesson in Israel" (Daily Mail conveniently neglected to say the father was a Muslim)
- “Binyamin Netanyahi Absolves Hitler and blames Palestinian leader for the holocaust” (Observador, from Portugal, conveniently quoted the insidious Haaretz instead of analysing the PM's words in the video it shared in the article)
Fight Smarter Not Harder
Pro-Israel Activists should select any site whose speciality is to hunt and expose media liars, follow them on social media and then retweet/share their links to express their outrage/expose the media insidiousness; but never the links of the defamatory news sites.
Social Media Activists, soldering for the Jewish State online, need to generate pageviews for sites like Honest Reporting (HR) and UK Media Watch. Those pageviews generate publicity for HR (and similar others). Publicity generates revenue for them. Revenue keeps HR (and alike) alive and able to continue their good job. The Result?
- We narrow down the number of people generating pageviews for the lying Media
- We decrease their ads revenue
- We make them understand the cost of defaming Israel
- We retrieve from the enemy the ability to use the Media to “magnify and intensify their message to the world and force national governments” (Col. Richard Kemp)
(Image: the Lion of Judah - Google Images)