President Obama delivered a Speech at National Prayer Breakfast, nearly a fortnight ago, through which he decided to lecture us on the Crusades and the Inquisition.
I do not know who wrote that speech, but whoever did it – in his/her attempt to be “tolerant” (a contemptible adjective) – did nothing more than reveal his/her utter ignorance and inflate the problem.
“And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," -- President Obama
What we need to remember is that the Crusades (8 in total) were a direct response to Islamic expansion and aggression. Perhaps, president Obama would like to take some time to recall two important facts:
- In 1076, Muslims captured Jerusalem and closed the access to it. Such a move was unacceptable to Christian nations, since Jerusalem (the City of God) is a centrepiece of the Judeo-Christian Faith. In 1096, the era of the Crusades began.
- After Jerusalem was conquered by the Crusaders, Muslim expansionists proceeded with their Jihad against the Christians, for political reasons, until they conquered the Crusader States in 1291.
So, were the Crusades really fought in the name of Christ (i.e. an unjust war intended to impose a faith on others) or were they political wars (based on a casus belli – the capture of Jerusalem and denied access to it) commissioned by the Catholic Church that determined that “those who joined the armed pilgrimage would wear a cross as a symbol of the Church.”?
A “special ecclesiastical institution for combating or suppressing heresy” (source) basically meaning that the Inquisition was created to enforce the Catholic Church's dogmas and rules within the Catholic community. Having said this, the notion that the Inquisition acted in the name of Christ is highly questionable because that body acted on behalf of one Church, based on that institution's dictates, not on Christ's teachings.
"Once the Sacred Months are past, (and they refuse to make peace) you may kill the idol worshippers and when you encounter them, punish them, and resist every move they make. If they repent and observe the Salat and give the Zakat, you shall let them go. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful." [Sura 9:5]
The Crusades were a political war with a religious footprint; whereas the Islamic expansion is based on the message of Al-Quran, the very same book that commands Muslims to either kill Christians (whom they perceive as idol worshippers) or make them submit to the Prophet's guidelines – there's no other option. The Crusaders wanted to secure access to Jerusalem and to protect their nations from the Islamic invaders; Islamic invaders want to either submit the world to the Prophet's commandments or kill them if they refuse...the difference is huge.
The Islamic Expansion started around the 7th century AD and that effort remains in the minds of those who want to revive the past Islamic glory; hence the Caliphate/Islamic State dream. A dream that threatens to come true not because of a perceived Islamic might but because the West seems utterly inclined to just make that dream come true.
When a politician refuses to call things by their proper names, the only reading to be made is that he/she is more than willing to help the enemy to achieve its goal. Therefore, I would like President Obama to answer a few questions:
- Who advised you so illy, who is the ignorant that is telling you to avoid using the word “Islamic” each time a terror act is perpetrated by Islamic Groups (based on Islamic teachings)?
- Who is advising you to designate anti-Semitic attacks as “random attacks” on a “bunch of folks”? Certainly that individual is aware that the attackers in France targeted the Kosher deli exactly because it was a Jewish store (i.e. the store of the Little Satan)...it's a fact.
- Who is suggesting you to make dangerous concessions to the Iranians without issuing the proper warnings?
- Which PAC is collecting the favour of your election/re-election, thus undermining the mandate bestowed by the American People to their President?
- Who is the witless human that is making you look weak and treacherous?
- How long will it take until you realise that you are being set up?
The Problem with Tolerance
Tolerance is a contemptible word inasmuch as it means that although we don't like someone, or a group of people, we endure them the same way an organism endures an infection by a parasitic or pathogenic organism, despite having the ability to resist/fight it.
Are politicians sincerely telling me that they want us to view Muslims like parasites causing us an infection that we must endure? It seems like it, otherwise they wouldn't go through such a hard work to make us all look so tolerant...so offensive.
President Obama, you were wrong. You didn't bother to do a fact-check before reading that unfortunate speech out loud. You made a fool of yourself; you were counter-productive (in the midst of a war against Islamic terror); and you acted like a dastard.
“ In 641, Islam spread into Egypt. The Catholic Archbishop invited Muslims to help free Egypt from Roman oppressors.”
Does Barack Obama wish to act like that 7th century Catholic Archbishop and invite Muslims to help free the West from secular "oppressors"?
President Obama should know better.
(Image: Pres. Obama - Google Images)