|Portrait of a Maltese Knight - Caravaggio|
I refuse to be deceived by others; how about you?
There are three things that just won't work with me:
- Doublethink: to be conscious of absolute truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies
- Newspeak: controlled language used as a tool to limit freedom of thought and concepts [freedom, self-expression, individuality and peace] that represent a menace to one's regime/ideology
- Propaganda: dissemination of one-sided material intended for the least informed.
So, any politician trying to make me set historical evidence and facts aside just to join his/her cause will gain my disdain for a very long time.
The duplicity of the Arab League is not astonishing at all. But what is surprising is the way most of the world fell for it.
In a time when European Parliaments are bent on passing non-binding motions to recognise a state that doesn't exist, I think the timing is perfect to remind the few informed politicians, and the world electorate, that the “Palestinian Cause” is the biggest lie of the 20th and 21st centuries.
"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct 'Palestinian people' to oppose Zionism.
For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa. While as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan." -- PLO executive leader Zahir Muhsein (31st of March 1977), interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw.
This is a remarkable confession; one that is documented, therefore it is considered a fact.
Science, research, police investigations, the judicial system and any rational individual rely on evidence, on facts, in order to be able to do their job and reach their goals.
So what's going on in the political universe: are politicians doing like Real Madrid (that had the cross removed from its logo in order to receive funds from Abu Dhabi)?
If so, then any and every politician that is so inclined to pursue lies should be investigated, because if they are acting beyond the scope of their mandate, and lying to the electorate, then two inadmissible things are occurring:
- Corruption: some politicians are on someone's payroll to abuse their authority and pursue political objectives that fall outside the electoral programme for which voters elected them for.
- Hatred: the lowest of emotions. If politics is being done based on emotions rather than on public service, then the charlatan must be invited to relinquish his/her position. There's no room for emotions in politics.
The time has come to pick the right team and play.
European countries want to recognise a fabrication? Sit back and watch events unravel: ex officio.